This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to see what that means.
“Wanderlust: n. a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.”
Bring the World Into Your AIP Kitchen
When you first transition to the paleo autoimmune protocol, it's natural to grieve favorite recipes that have been lost, and this is especially true when you love international cuisine. Thankfully, the AIP blogging community is full of talented, experienced cooks. They've been busy experimenting in their kitchens and re-creating AIP-friendly versions of our worldwide favorites. This cookbook is the result!
- 122 AIP Recipes from countries around the world: China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, France, Belgium, Italy, Greece, Britain, Ireland, Poland, Russia, India, Morocco, Mexico, Cuba, Argentina, American Takeout, and more!
- 80 of the recipes are exclusive to this e-cookbook. That means you won't find them anywhere else.
- 100% AIP: Every recipe in this e-cookbook meets the restrictions of the elimination phase of the paleo autoimmune protocol.
- Themed Menus: Feel like throwing a party? Each chapter offers appetizers, mains, sides, desserts, and drinks for one part of the world.
- Ingredient Index: Do you have some food in your fridge that you need to use up? Just flip to the back of the cookbook and you can find recipes based on specific ingredients.
- It's an e-Cookbook: That means it's available to purchase worldwide. It's also formatted on 8-1/2×11 paper, so it's easy to print, if you prefer a hardcopy.
- The Work of 18 AIP Bloggers: This book was written for the AIP by people who have followed the protocol to improve their own health. That means these are flavorful recipes made and tested by people who love delicious, healthy food, just like you. Edited by Bethany Tapp from Adventures in Partaking, contributors include many of your favorite cookbook authors including me!
- Learn About Other Cultures: Food is a great way to travel, and Bethany (the editor) is a world traveler herself. It's no surprise she came up with the idea for this cookbook. In addition to recipes, each chapter starts with an overview of that country's food culture and its biggest influences historically and present-day. I love that!
- Sample Recipe Titles: Potstickers, Orange Chicken, Grain-Free Sushi, Spring Rolls, Thai Shrimp Cakes, Banh Mi Bowls, Spicy Alu Makha, Chapati, Taco Seasoning, Queso Dip, Poule Au Pot, Lasagna, Gyros, Pierogies, Moroccan Tagine Meatballs, New England Clam Chowder, Fish and Chips, Colcannon, Sweet Ravioli, Mexican Hot “Chocolate”, Apple Galette, and more! Here's the full recipe list.
Sample Recipe: Indian Fish Cutlets
Recipe & photo by Bethany Tapp from Adventures in Partaking
2 medium white sweet potatoes
1 small red onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely diced
5 curry leaves, finely diced
1/2 teaspoon pink salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons cassava flour, for dusting
4 tablespoons coconut oil, for frying
- Peel, chop, and boil white sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan until fork tender.
- While potatoes cook, finely dice the onion, garlic, ginger, and curry leaves.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Fry the onion, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, pink salt, and turmeric powder together, until the onions begin to soften and brown. Once brown, remove from heat.
- Add onion mixture, drained tuna, and chopped cilantro to the potatoes and mix well.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to measure even cutlets, and form in your hands into patties.
- Dust both sides of cutlets with cassava flour.
- Heat 3 tablespoons coconut oil in a large skillet, and fry cutlets for 2-3 minutes on each side until brown. Don't crowd the pan, cooking in batches if necessary.
Update ~ the Giveaway Has Ended
The winner was chosen with a random number generator on 1/11/2019. Congratulations to Harriet Johnston-Meyer! If you didn't win, don't despair. The book is reasonably priced and worth every penny. You can purchase a copy here.
It's become a tradition on my blog to host giveaways of my favorite books, and this one definitely qualifies! In fact, I'm paying for the giveaway copy myself. Since this is a PDF e-book, the giveaway is open to anyone in the world. Entering to win is easy. Just answer the question in the Rafflecopter Box below. That's it! If you want to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Pinterest, and/or Email, you'll get all of my tips for autoimmune healing. But it's not required at all. Good luck! The winner will be randomly chosen on January 11, 2019. And if you don't want to wait, you can buy a copy now.
The Paleo AIP Community E-Cookbook Series