- 1 package of AIP-friendly bacon
- DON’T preheat the oven.
- Arrange bacon slices on a cookie sheet. Place them close together but not touching.
- Put them in a cold oven. Turn heat to 400 degrees. Walk away.
- Come back 20 minutes later and check the progress. Bacon is done when it’s golden brown. If you like it crispy, cook it a little longer, but watch closely. It can turn from crisp to burnt quickly. Thick-cut bacon takes a few minutes longer to cook than traditionally thin bacon.
- Remove bacon to serving plate, and pour off the bacon fat to use in later cooking.
- I put the bacon directly on my cookie sheet, because I don’t mind washing it. However, if you want to line your cookie sheet with parchment paper for easier cleanup, that’s an option, too!
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Oven
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, wahls, low-fodmap, whole30, baked bacon