- Freeze ice cream bowl for 24 hours before starting this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the halved and hulled strawberries in a 9×13 pan and toss with balsamic vinegar. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Allow the strawberries to cool and then transfer to a blender. Be sure to use a spatula to scrape all of the delicious juices into the blender as well.
- Add the coconut milk, basil and honey and blend on low speed until smooth.
- Refrigerate mixture a minimum of 6 hours.
- When ready to make ice cream, process according to your ice cream maker‘s instructions.
- I like it best right out of the ice cream machine, when it has a soft-serve consistency. Some people like to freeze it one hour, just to give it more solidity before scooping. If you freeze it longer than that, it will get rock-hard. (It’s the nature of homemade ice cream.) To soften it to scoop, defrost it in the fridge for an hour or on the counter for 20-30 minutes.
- Check your ingredient list on balsamic vinegar carefully. Some brands have added sugar, coloring and preservatives, all of which you want to avoid.
- Category: Treats
- Method: Freezer
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, balsamic strawberry basil coconut ice cream