- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1–2 Tbsp. peeled & minced fresh ginger (depending on how much heat you want)
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb. halibut, cut into bite-size chunks (about an inch in size)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (optional – omit for AIP)
- sea salt, to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until translucent (5-8 minutes).
- Add carrots, ginger, broth and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to purée in the pot, or transfer soup to stand-up blender to puree, then return to the pot.
- Add halibut (and pepper if using). Bring to a simmer again, and cook uncovered 5 more minutes.
- Add sea salt, to taste. Serve!
- If you don’t have halibut, try scallops or any mildly flavored fish as a substitute.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, wahls, whole30, one pot, carrot ginger halibut soup