- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger (I like this ginger grater)
- Juice from 1/2 orange
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 lb. salmon (cut into 2 pieces)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- sea salt
- Make the salsa first: combine strawberries, red onion, grated ginger, orange juice and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir to blend and let flavors combine as the grill preheats.
- Preheat gas grill on high for 10 minutes.
- Cut 2 pieces of tin foil & 2 pieces of parchment paper, large enough to make the packets.
- Place each piece of salmon, skin-side down, on separate pieces of parchment paper. Sprinkle salmon generously with sea salt and lay lemon slices on top.
- Fold the parchment paper over the salmon, cinching the edges. Then, wrap the parchment packet loosely in foil and pinch the edges of the foil closed. Do the same for the second piece of salmon.
- Turn grill heat down to medium and place the packets in the center of the grill. Close grill cover, and cook 15 minutes. They’re done when the flesh flakes easily with a fork.
- Open salmon packets carefully to let the steam escape, and discard the lemon slices. Transfer the salmon to plates and serve topped with strawberry salsa.
- This salsa is versatile. Enjoy it over other meat or fish. I’ve also made this recipe with a side of cauliflower rice, and the salsa tasted delicious on top of the cauli-rice, too.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Grill
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, wahls, whole30, grilled salmon packets with strawberry ginger salsa