- 2 lbs. beef stew meat (cut into same size pieces)
- 2 bunches of radishes (scrubbed and trimmed, but left whole)
- 1 lb. celery root (peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 lb. carrots (peeled and thickly sliced)
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 tsp. salt (less if your broth is salted)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (optional – omit for AIP)
- 2 large onions (peeled whole)
- 2 large cloves garlic (peeled whole)
- 2 branches fresh rosemary
- 8 oz. frozen cranberries (save these for the final step in the recipe)
- Put the beef, radishes, celery root, carrots, bone broth, salt and pepper in the slow cooker. Stir to blend.
- Nestle the whole onions down among the other ingredients. Place the whole garlic cloves on top of the onions. Lastly, place the rosemary branches on top of everything and cover the slow cooker. Save the cranberries for later.
- Turn it to low and cook for 8 hours.
- When the 8 hours are up, remove the rosemary branches and discard. Transfer the whole onions and garlic cloves to a blender. Add a couple of ladlefuls of broth and puree. Pour blender contents back into the slow cooker. Add frozen cranberries, and stir to blend. Cover and cook on low another 30 minutes.
- Taste the broth and add more salt, if needed. Serve!
- If you want to cook this recipe in your Instant Pot, you can cook it on high pressure for 35 minutes, then allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours 30 minutes
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, wahls, whole30, crockpot, slow cooker beef stew with cranberries and rosemary