- Slice the apples into thick chunks or wedges.
- Melt fat in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the apples, honey, salt and lemon juice. Toss to blend, and then cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove apples from heat. Sprinkle with cinnamon (and nutmeg if using). Toss to blend, and enjoy!
- These apples have a sweet-tart flavor which I prefer. But if you want the true Cracker Barrel sweet apple experience, add another tablespoon of honey.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Treats
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, southern fried apples