- Cut cabbage in half and remove the core. If the outer leaves are wilted, throw them away. Cut the remaining cabbage into large chunks and feed into your food processor, using the largest grater blade or a slicing blade to shred the cabbage. If you don’t have a food processor, chop the cabbage finely with a knife.
- In large soup pot, put apples, coconut oil, honey, salt and caraway seeds (if using).
- Turn heat to medium-high. Once the oil melts, add the shredded cabbage.
- Pour apple cider vinegar on top, stir to blend, and cover pan.
- Once it starts to steam, stir and cover again, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 1 hour, stirring 2 or 3 times over the course of the hour.
- Taste. If it’s too sour, add a little more honey. Too sweet, add a little more vinegar. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, sweet and sour red cabbage