- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Peel and slice onion into thin half-moons and add to the pot. Stir and salt lightly. Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine beef with salt, rosemary, sage, and thyme.
- Push onions to the edges of the pot and press beef in the center into a thin single layer. Cook for 8 minutes, flipping once.
- Meanwhile, remove kale leaves from stems and chop.
- When beef has finished cooking, break it into small pieces and stir to combine with the onions.
- Add balsamic vinegar and stir again.
- Place kale on top of beef mixture, but don’t stir. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir the kale in with the beef and onions. Cover pan again and cook 2 more minutes.
- *Check your ingredient list on balsamic vinegar carefully. Some brands have added sugar, coloring and preservatives, all of which you want to avoid.
- This recipe first appeared in the e-cookbook: 30 Minute Meals for the Paleo AIP. It’s a community cookbook with recipes contributed by 41 AIP bloggers, including me!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, wahls, whole30, one-pot herbed balsamic beef & kale