“Simple ingredients prepared in a simple way
– that’s the best way to take your everyday cooking to a higher level.”
~ José Andrés
Fast, Delicious, Healthy Food
I love good food, but I don’t like to spend hours preparing it. My favorite recipes are nutritious, delicious, and easy to make. This one fits that bill! In 30 minutes, you can have this on your dining room table, and as an added bonus, it cooks up in one-pot for fewer dishes!Print
One-Pot Herbed Balsamic Beef & Kale (Paleo, AIP, GAPS, Wahls, Whole30)
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 1/3 pound ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar*
- 8 cups chopped kale, packed (1 or 2 bunches, depending on size)
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Peel and slice onion into thin half-moons and add to the pot. Stir and salt lightly. Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine beef with salt, rosemary, sage, and thyme.
- Push onions to the edges of the pot and press beef in the center into a thin single layer. Cook for 8 minutes, flipping once.
- Meanwhile, remove kale leaves from stems and chop.
- When beef has finished cooking, break it into small pieces and stir to combine with the onions.
- Add balsamic vinegar and stir again.
- Place kale on top of beef mixture, but don’t stir. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir the kale in with the beef and onions. Cover pan again and cook 2 more minutes.
- *Check your ingredient list on balsamic vinegar carefully. Some brands have added sugar, coloring and preservatives, all of which you want to avoid.
- This recipe first appeared in the e-cookbook: 30 Minute Meals for the Paleo AIP. It's a community cookbook with recipes contributed by 41 AIP bloggers, including me!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, wahls, whole30, one-pot herbed balsamic beef & kale
You May Also Be Interested In