- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut the slice of bacon into small pieces and scatter across the bottom of the skillet.
- While bacon begins to cook, peel and dice the onion. Add it to the bacon and stir to blend.
- Next, prepare the rainbow chard. First, cut off the thick bottom stems and slice them like celery. Add them to the skillet and toss to blend.
- Cut the chard leaves away from the remaining center stems, and throw the skinny center stems away. Rip the leaves into small pieces and rinse them through a salad spinner, if you have one. Otherwise, rinse them and pat them dry with a clean towel. Add the chopped leaves to the skillet and toss to blend.
- Scatter the raisins over the top of the skillet and then add bone broth.
- Cover skillet and turn heat to medium-low. Set timer for 7 minutes.
- When timer goes off, stir everything in the skillet. The chard leaves will be starting to shrink at this point. Cover pan again and set timer for another 7 minutes.
- When timer goes off this 2nd time, add a generous sprinkle of salt (and pepper if using). Toss to blend and taste. Add more if needed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, wahls, whole30, rainbow chard with bone broth and bacon