- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (button or cremini)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bone broth (or coconut milk, or water)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley to garnish
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, pork, minced parsley, dried onion, sage, mace, and salt. Once thoroughly mixed, form into meatballs about an inch in diameter.
- Place mushrooms, onion, broth/coconut milk/water, and coconut aminos into the Instant Pot. Add the meatballs.
- Close and lock the lid. Press the MEAT/STEW button and set cooking time to 35 minutes. Once the time is up, carefully quick release the pressure (using the instructions on page 7).
- Using a slotted spoon gently remove meatballs and transfer to a serving platter.
- Using an immersion blender or a high-speed blender, purée the cooked mushrooms, onions, and broth into a nice creamy gravy. If the gravy is too thick, add a little more bone broth/coconut milk/water until the right consistency is reached.
- Pour gravy over meatballs and garnish with minced parsley. This dish makes a wonderful appetizer as is, or main course when served over spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice, sauteed veggies, or warmed zucchini noodles.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, wahls, whole30, instant pot, swedish meatballs with mushroom gravy