This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to see what that means.
“I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation.”
~ Madame Benoit
5 Reasons I Love This Recipe
- It’s Easier. You know how hard it is to cut a spaghetti squash in half? Those gourds are hard! Well, you can cook it whole in the Instant Pot, and when it’s done, the knife slices right through the soft skin.
- Better Texture. Have you ever eaten mushy spaghetti squash, that has no resemblance to actual spaghetti? By cooking the squash whole, the steam doesn’t get inside. Result: ‘al dente’ noodles that are a much closer pasta substitute.
- It’s Faster. If you try to cook a whole spaghetti squash in the oven, it’s going to take you about 90 minutes. If you cut it in half, it still takes 45. This recipe takes just 20 minutes in the Instant Pot.
- One Pot = Less Dishes. If you’re like me, you are sick and tired of doing dishes. Thanks to the Sauté function on the Instant Pot, you can cook the squash AND the sauce in the same pot. Easy cleaning!
- It’s Yummy. Enough said.
- P.S. If you’re new to the Instant Pot, listen to Episode 55 of the Phoenix Helix podcast for tips from the experts.
You May Also Be Interested In