What Are Mindset Minisodes?
I’ve been hosting the Phoenix Helix Podcast for over 8 years, and there are now over 200 episodes in the archives! The long-form interviews you know and love will continue every 4 weeks. In between, I’ll be sharing short episodes inspired by my book: Healing Mindset – A Guide to the Mind-Body Connection for People With Autoimmune Disease. Stress is a powerful trigger of inflammation and autoimmune activity, and most of us have experienced stress-induced autoimmune flares. That’s the power of the mind-body connection working against us. However, we can also make the mind-body connection work for us! Simple techniques can help us relieve stress and send an anti-inflammatory cascade through our bodies instead. That’s my goal with these episodes. In each one, I’ll teach a simple technique you can start using right away.
Listen to the Show
- Subscribe to my podcast through your favorite podcast app: iTunes, Google, TuneIn, Spotify, Amazon, etc.
- You can also listen to the episode right here through the player below, and if you subscribe to my newsletter you’ll get notified of future episodes.
The Benefits of Kindness
I love that there is research into the power of kindness. Not only does kindness boost happiness, but the joy of giving lasts longer than the joy we get from receiving. There’s something special about the spirit of generosity. It fills us with feelings of abundance and positive self-esteem. With chronic illness, we’re often consumed with opposite emotions. Our symptoms can be draining and leave us feeling scared, lacking, and insecure. That’s why this practice is a powerful shift in perspective: anyone in any circumstance has something to give.
Technique: Do a Random Act of Kindness Today
A random act of kindness doesn’t need to be a grand gesture. Small things matter.
- If you have a car, let a driver merge in front of you in traffic.
- At the store, let someone cut in front of you in line.
- If you’re at home, pick up the phone and call someone you haven’t spoken to in a long time, and spend the conversation asking about them and listening to their life.
- Write a letter to someone on actual paper—those are so rare in modern life that they’re a wonderful surprise in the mailbox amidst the bills and junk mail.
- If you have money to give, donate to a favorite charity. If money is tight, give just $1 to a crowdfunding campaign.
- Pay someone a compliment.
- Give someone a hug.
- The possibilities are endless. Find more ideas at The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation.
My Book: Healing Mindset
You May Also Be Interested In
Spreading the Word
If you like the podcast, please leave a positive review in iTunes. It would mean the world to me, and also helps others find the podcast. Here are some quick instructions using your iPhone:
- If you are already subscribed to my podcast: (1) Click the purple podcast icon. (2) At the bottom of the screen, click Library. (3) At the top of the screen, click Shows. (4) Click the Phoenix Helix podcast image. (5) Scroll down the page, and you’ll see Ratings and Reviews. Scroll down a little bit more and click on Write a Review. This will bring up the review screen. Tap 5 stars (if you love the podcast), and then click in the title box, and it will bring up the keyboard. Enter a title and short review. (6) Click Send in the upper right corner. (7) Thank you! Positive reviews give the podcast a higher search ranking in iTunes, helping people find it and letting them know it’s a quality podcast and worth their time to listen.
- If you haven’t subscribed to my podcast: (1) Click the purple podcast icon. (2) In the lower right corner, click the magnifying class. (3) Type Phoenix Helix in the search box. (4) Click the podcast cover in the Show list. (5) If you’d like to subscribe, click the + sign at the top of the screen. (6) To write a review, scroll down the page, and you’ll see Ratings and Reviews. Scroll down a little bit more and click on Write a Review. This will bring up the review screen. Tap 5 stars (if you love the podcast), and then click in the title box, and it will bring up the keyboard. Enter a title and short review. (7) Click Send in the upper right corner. (8) Thank you! Positive reviews give the podcast a higher search ranking in iTunes, helping people find it and letting them know it’s a quality podcast and worth their time to listen.