“Things are not quite so simple always as black and white.”
~ Doris Lessing
Autoimmune disease is complex, and while diet, lifestyle, and mindset are powerful factors in reversing autoimmune disease, sometimes they aren’t enough on their own. On this page, I offer insights from both conventional and functional medicine approaches. It’s not always an either/or choice.
- What’s the Difference Between Conventional, Functional, Alternative, and Integrative Medicine?
- Episode 67: Building Effective Doctor-Patient Relationships with Dr. Cynthia Li
- Is a Healing Crisis Really Healing?
Browse By Topic
Browse Integrative Medicine Articles
- Abdominal Massage for Constipation
- Vitamin D and Autoimmune Disease
- Turmeric and Autoimmune Disease
- CBD Oil and Autoimmune Disease
- What’s the Difference Between Collagen and Gelatin?
- What Are Digestive Enzymes and When Do You Need Them?
Browse Integrative Medicine Podcasts
- Episode 220: Seasonal Allergies and Autoimmune Disease with Dr. Heather Zwickey
- Episode 219: Food Sensitivities and Autoimmune Disease with Dr. Alison Danby
- Episode 215: Best Of – The Gut Microbiome with Dr. Lucy Mailing
- Episode 211: Indigenous Medicine and Autoimmune Health with Dr. Nicole Redvers
- Episode 210: Colonoscopies and Endoscopies with Dr. Marvin Singh
- Episode 205: Magnesium and Autoimmune Disease with Dr. Guillermo Ruiz