“Things are not quite so simple always as black and white.”
~ Doris Lessing
Autoimmune disease is complex, and while diet, lifestyle, and mindset are powerful factors in reversing autoimmune disease, sometimes they aren’t enough on their own. On this page, I offer insights from both conventional and functional medicine approaches. It’s not always an either/or choice.
- What’s the Difference Between Conventional, Functional, Alternative, and Integrative Medicine?
- Episode 67: Building Effective Doctor-Patient Relationships with Dr. Cynthia Li
- Is a Healing Crisis Really Healing?
Browse By Topic
Browse Integrative Medicine Articles
- What Are Digestive Enzymes and When Do You Need Them?
- Abdominal Massage for Constipation
- Vitamin D and Autoimmune Disease
- Turmeric and Autoimmune Disease
- CBD Oil and Autoimmune Disease
- What’s the Difference Between Collagen and Gelatin?
Browse Integrative Medicine Podcasts
- Episode 226: Transgender Autoimmune Health
- Episode 225: Neurology Tests with Dr. Ken Sharlin
- Episode 224: Ayurvedic Medicine & Autoimmune Disease with Dr. Akil Palanisamy
- Episode 222: Traditional Chinese Medicine & Autoimmune Disease with Dr. Tanya Lee
- Episode 220: Seasonal Allergies and Autoimmune Disease with Dr. Heather Zwickey
- Episode 219: Food Sensitivities and Autoimmune Disease with Dr. Alison Danby