“Things are not quite so simple always as black and white.”
~ Doris Lessing
Autoimmune disease is complex, and while diet, lifestyle, and mindset are powerful factors in reversing autoimmune disease, sometimes they aren’t enough on their own. On this page, I offer insights from both conventional and functional medicine approaches. It’s not always an either/or choice.
- What’s the Difference Between Conventional, Functional, Alternative, and Integrative Medicine?
- Episode 67: Building Effective Doctor-Patient Relationships with Dr. Cynthia Li
- Is a Healing Crisis Really Healing?
Browse By Topic
Browse Integrative Medicine Articles
- Vitamin D and Autoimmune Disease
- Turmeric and Autoimmune Disease
- My Favorite Health and Nutrition Training Programs
- CBD Oil and Autoimmune Disease
- What’s the Difference Between Collagen and Gelatin?
- What Are Digestive Enzymes and When Do You Need Them?
Browse Integrative Medicine Podcasts
- Episode 205: Magnesium and Autoimmune Disease with Dr. Guillermo Ruiz
- Episode 201: Rheumatology Tests with Dr. Anna Lafian
- Episode 200: The Gut-Skin Connection with Dr. Shayna Peter
- Episode 194: Thyroid Tests with Dr. Datis Kharrazian
- Episode 190: Best Of – Blood Sugar & Autoimmunity with Dr. Jeff Horacek
- Episode 187: COVID-19 Vaccines and Autoimmune Disease with Dr. Aly Cohen