“Fun is Good.”
~ Dr. Seuss
Candy that’s Fun & Healthy
Kids will love them, because they have that gummy bounce where they’re soft enough to squeeze, but then bounce right back to their original shape. Parents will love them, because they’re made with natural ingredients, including the superfood gelatin, and they only take minutes to make. Plus, they’re delicious, which pleases one and all.Print
Apple Cinnamon Gummy Candies (Paleo, AIP, GAPS)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 15 candies
- Category: Treats
- Method: Stovetop
- In a small saucepan, whisk the gelatin and cinnamon together until evenly blended.
- Add the apple juice and turn heat to medium. Whisk until there are no lumps.
- When the mixture starts to warm, add the honey and whisk well.
- If the mixture thickens up too fast, don't worry, the heat will liquefy it again.
- Pour into a glass measuring cup, for easy pouring into a silicone candy mold. I use this heart-shaped silicone mold, but if you don't have one, pour into any small container. A loaf pan is a good size.
- Pop in the freezer for 15 minutes. Then remove from the freezer, pop out of your mold, and hand one to your favorite child (or your own inner child).
- If you used a loaf pan, press down on the center to be sure it's solid. Freeze a little longer, if necessary. Then, use a spatula to gently loosen the gummy sheet from the bottom of the pan. Lift it out in one piece and place it on a cutting board. Cut into squares & serve!
- Once gelled, they'll hold their shape at room temperature, but for a longer shelf life, keep them in the fridge.
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, apple cinnamon gummy candies
More Delicious Recipes & Resources