This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to see what that means.
(Paleo, AIP, GAPS, Wahls, Whole30)
Jump to Recipe
“I may not be Julia Child, but I can do pretty well with a simple recipe and a lot of enthusiasm.”
~ Marlo Thomas
Playing in the Kitchen
I finally got a spiralizer for Christmas, after 2-1/2 years on a paleo diet. The inner child in me is very pleased! Do you have one? It is super-fun! If you don't have one, no worries. You can make zucchini noodles with a julienne peeler, or wider noodles with a regular vegetable peeler. Zucchini's not picky.
The Importance of Seafood on a Healing Diet
As part of my healing protocol, I've made an effort to eat more seafood. This was a big switch for me. Although I grew up on Cape Cod, I hated seafood as a child. Now, I've come to love it. I'm still kind of amazed. Taste buds do change (with a little effort).
Why the effort? Both Dr. Terry Wahls (author of The Wahls Protocol) and Dr. Sarah Ballantyne (author of The Paleo Approach) recommend wild-caught seafood as an important part of our diet. This is because it's the best natural source of anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids.
If you have concerns about eating seafood, read my article: Does Healthy Sustainable Seafood Exist? Wild Alaskan Salmon is one of the best choices you can make. If you can't find it locally, I recommend Vital Choice Seafood. They sell salmon pieces in 1 lb. packs for a much lower price than the filets. Those pieces are perfect for this recipe. If you're a new customer, use the code VCAFINT for a 10% discount off your first order.
A Quick Meal
Salmon Primavera with Zoodles
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Stovetop
- Place the spiralized zucchini in a large bowl and toss with half the extra-virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add dried Herbs de Provence and stir until fragrant (about 1 minute.)
- Add frozen California veggies. Toss to coat with herbed oil, cover pan & cook 5 min.
- Push veggies to side of skillet and add salmon cubes in single layer if possible. Sprinkle salmon with half the sea salt. Cover pan and cook 3 minutes.
- Flip the salmon pieces over, cover pan, and cook another 3 minutes.
- Put zucchini noodles on top of salmon & veggies. Sprinkle with remaining sea salt. Cover pan and cook a final 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, toss to blend and serve.
- AIP Note: Make sure your Herbes de Provence is AIP-friendly. Some brands add other ingredients like black pepper. California vegetables should contain only broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and zucchini. But always check the labels to be sure.
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, wahls, whole30, one pan, spiralizer, spiralized, salmon primavera with zoodles
More Delicious Recipes & Resources
Photo credit: Christina Feindel