My Favorite Kitchen Appliance
When we’re on a healing diet, we spend a LOT of time cooking. Anything that saves us time in the kitchen is a lifesaver. I fell in love with my Instant Pot when I first made 24-hour gut-healing bone broth in just two hours. If I never cooked anything else, the pot would have been worth the price. But I wanted to use my Instant Pot for much, much more. That’s how this e-cookbook idea was born. I invited 36 other paleo AIP bloggers to develop recipes for our favorite appliance, and the results surpassed all expectations. We created a cookbook no one person could have made on their own: 141 recipes – everything from broth to veggies to main courses and desserts – and they’re not only delicious but FAST!
The Cookbook Details
- 141 Recipes in the Following Categories: Broths, Sauces/Condiments, Vegetables, Poultry, Meat, Seafood, Organ Meat, Desserts and Extras. To get your taste buds tantalized, here are a few examples: Cranberry BBQ Sauce, Bacon Orange Cherry Jam, Artichokes with Lemon Tarragon Dipping Sauce, Creamy Kabocha Squash Soup, Fall Off the Bone Whole Chicken, Mole Chicken with Bluecumber Salsa, Turkey and Gravy, Speedy Chili, Teriyaki Garlic Beef, Lamb and Apricot Curry, Sticky Pork Short Ribs, Leek and Shrimp Risotto, Fish Tacos, Chicken Liver Pâté, “Chocolate” Cake, Mini Pumpkin Pies, and many many more! Here’s a complete recipe list.
- Paleo Approach Approved: What does that mean? Sarah Ballantyne is the leading expert on the AIP, and she looks at AIP resources to make sure they follow the protocol correctly. Here’s what she had to say about this cookbook: “The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook brings delicious, hassle-free, one-pot, healthy, 100% AIP recipes to your table, making healing from autoimmune disease as easy as pressing a button!”
- Special Diet Modifications: Over half the recipes in the book can easily be modified for SCD/GAPS, Low-FODMAP, and Coconut-Free diets. We’ve included charts to make these modifications easier.
- It’s an e-Cookbook: That means it’s available to purchase worldwide. It’s also formatted on 8-1/2×11 paper, so it’s easy to print, if you prefer a hardcopy.
- The Work of 37 AIP Bloggers: Every recipe in this book has been created for the AIP by people who have followed the protocol to improve their own health.
- Edited by Me (Phoenix Helix): If you like my other books, you will love this e-cookbook. I spent the past six months making it the best it could be.
Cooking My Way Through This E-Cookbook
I have a beautiful cookbook collection, but like many of you, I have a small group of recipes that I make the most often. This is the first cookbook I’ve ever wanted to to cook my way through. It’s so fast, and so fun! Here are some of the recipes I’ve tried: Swedish Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy, Butternut Apple Mash, Ukrainian Borscht, Fish Tacos, Oxtail and Collard Greens, Smothered Okra, Caribbean Spiced Shredded Beef, Shredded Chicken in Nomato Sauce, Pomegranate Poached Pears…and I’ve barely scratched the surface of this cookbook. I’ve liked every recipe I’ve tried so far, but my absolute favorite is the Swedish Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy, so I’ve chosen that as the preview recipe below.
Recipe and photo by Andrea Wyckoff from Forest and Fauna
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy (Paleo, AIP, GAPS, Wahls, Whole30)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Instant Pot
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (button or cremini)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bone broth (or coconut milk, or water)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley to garnish
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, pork, minced parsley, dried onion, sage, mace, and salt. Once thoroughly mixed, form into meatballs about an inch in diameter.
- Place mushrooms, onion, broth/coconut milk/water, and coconut aminos into the Instant Pot. Add the meatballs.
- Close and lock the lid. Press the MEAT/STEW button and set cooking time to 35 minutes. Once the time is up, carefully quick release the pressure (using the instructions on page 7).
- Using a slotted spoon gently remove meatballs and transfer to a serving platter.
- Using an immersion blender or a high-speed blender, purée the cooked mushrooms, onions, and broth into a nice creamy gravy. If the gravy is too thick, add a little more bone broth/coconut milk/water until the right consistency is reached.
- Pour gravy over meatballs and garnish with minced parsley. This dish makes a wonderful appetizer as is, or main course when served over spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice, sauteed veggies, or warmed zucchini noodles.
Keywords: paleo, aip, gaps, wahls, whole30, instant pot, swedish meatballs with mushroom gravy
Other Books in the Paleo AIP Community E-Cookbook Series
Update ~ The Giveaway Has Ended
Ten winners were chosen with Rafflecopter on 10/8/16. They’ve all been contacted to receive their prize. If you didn’t win, don’t despair. This e-cookbook is just $17.95 and worth every penny. You can purchase a copy here.