A New Adventure
I’ve been a podcast listener for years, long before I found paleo. I live in the mountains where radio reception is poor, so when I discovered I can listen to all my favorite programs (and more), without static, at my convenience, I was thrilled! My commute to work filled with favorite shows like On Being, Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, the Diane Rehm Show and more. Then I found paleo, and I added shows like Revolution Health Radio and The Paleo Solution. I’ve learned so much from those shows, and I still enjoy listening to them. But I noticed something – autoimmune healing comes up only occasionally, because none of those shows are 100% dedicated to this topic. So, I decided to start my own. It’s called Phoenix Helix: Dedicated to reversing autoimmune disease through the paleo diet and lifestyle. My goal is to expand on what I share here. I hope you’ll tune in and spread the word. Podcast lovers unite!
Will I Still Write For My Blog?
Absolutely! While my husband will tell you I love to talk (what woman doesn’t?), writing is my passion. That’s not going to go away. I’ve scheduled the podcast to be a biweekly show, so that I still have time to research articles and share inspiring stories here. Every other week, I’ll post a link to the podcast with show notes summarizing the topic. On opposite weeks, you can expect the types of articles you’ve found here over the past two years. And the Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable will continue to be a weekly event.
The First Show: Healing Stories
I decided to kick the podcast off with personal stories of people who are successfully reversing autoimmune symptoms and reclaiming a beautiful life. For people who know nothing about this lifestyle, those stories show them what’s possible. For those of us pursuing this lifestyle, those stories tell us we’re not alone. Future episodes will alternate between interviews with experts, panel discussions, and Q&A’s on a wide range of topics to help us all live this lifestyle and improve our health. Spoiler alert: look forward to Sarah Ballantyne as my guest for Episode 3.
Listen to the Show
- Subscribe to my podcast through your favorite podcast app: iTunes, Stitcher, Google, TuneIn, Spotify, Amazon, etc.
- You can also listen to the episode right here through the player below, and if you subscribe to my newsletter you’ll get notified of future episodes.
Episode 1: Show Notes
- Intro (0:00)
- My Healing Story (2:00)
- Russ Crandall’s Healing Story (11:25)
- Angie Alt’s Healing Story (23:21)
- V. Capaldi’s Healing Story (38:30)
- Robyn Latimer’s Healing Story (52:12)
- Summary (1:01:35)
- If your diagnosis wan’t discussed today, please know that these stories still apply to you. Autoimmune diseases have much in common, which is why they are treated similarly by conventional medicine, and why the paleo diet and lifestyle works for so many.
- Healing Stories Series
- Outro (1:02:15)
- Eileen (your podcast host) is the author of multiple books, written to help people thrive with autoimmune disease. Learn more on the Books Page.
- If you like this podcast, follow or subscribe through your favorite podcast app. You can also subscribe to Eileen’s biweekly newsletter.
- Check out the entire archive of podcast episodes.
You May Also Be Interested In
Spreading the Word
If you like the podcast, please leave a positive review in iTunes. It would mean the world to me, and also helps others find the podcast. Here are some quick instructions using your iPhone:
- If you are already subscribed to my podcast: (1) Click the purple podcast icon. (2) At the bottom of the screen, click Library. (3) At the top of the screen, click Shows. (4) Click the Phoenix Helix podcast image. (5) Scroll down the page, and you’ll see Ratings and Reviews. Scroll down a little bit more and click on Write a Review. This will bring up the review screen. Tap 5 stars (if you love the podcast), and then click in the title box, and it will bring up the keyboard. Enter a title and short review. (6) Click Send in the upper right corner. (7) Thank you! Positive reviews give the podcast a higher search ranking in iTunes, helping people find it and letting them know it’s a quality podcast and worth their time to listen.
- If you haven’t subscribed to my podcast: (1) Click the purple podcast icon. (2) In the lower right corner, click the magnifying class. (3) Type Phoenix Helix in the search box. (4) Click the podcast cover in the Show list. (5) If you’d like to subscribe, click the + sign at the top of the screen. (6) To write a review, scroll down the page, and you’ll see Ratings and Reviews. Scroll down a little bit more and click on Write a Review. This will bring up the review screen. Tap 5 stars (if you love the podcast), and then click in the title box, and it will bring up the keyboard. Enter a title and short review. (7) Click Send in the upper right corner. (8) Thank you! Positive reviews give the podcast a higher search ranking in iTunes, helping people find it and letting them know it’s a quality podcast and worth their time to listen.